Do you have an installment plan with the franchise tax board? If so you and 15,999 other people with installment agreements experienced a slight glitch with your December payment.
Ironically the exact same thing happened last December as well.
The good news is the FTB won’t treat your installment agreement as breached, also the FTB would be pleased if you decided to go ahead on make the payment on your own.
If you want more information, the notice is below.
Remember, if you live in La Quinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Indio, or Cathedral City and you would like to talk with a tax attorney, we are here to help.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Payment Failure for Installment Agreements
December 13, 2013
Purpose of Bulletin
To advise staff of a failure to process EFT installment agreement payments and provide corrective procedures.
On December 1, 2013, and December 2, 2013, an error occurred and we were unable to complete approximately 16,000 EFT installment agreement transactions.
Because this is our error, we will not consider the affected taxpayers defaulted on their installment agreements for lack of payment. Taxpayers can expect their January payments to be processed as normal.
FTB is taking the following steps to correct the error:
- We are issuing a letter to affected taxpayers explaining the issue and requesting they voluntarily remit their December payment using one of our payment options.
- Post this PSB on the FTB website to inform affected taxpayers of the issue.
- Apply missed payments received within 10 days of the date of our letter, with the effective date of December 1 or 2, 2013.
What to do if you are contacted by an affected taxpayer:
Request they voluntarily remit the missed payment using one of the following payment options:
- Pay online at ftb.ca.gov using Web Pay.
- Pay with a credit card. Go to ftb.ca.gov and search for payment options.
- Pay by check or money order in person at one of our field offices.
Mail check or money order with the account number written on the front of the payment to:
FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
PO BOX 942867
SACRAMENTO CA 94267-0041